Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Movies, Books and colour.

Very sorry if I've been lacking in new stuff lately. Well, at any rate I'm here now, with news. Exciting news!

As you may know, Vicky and I went to see X3 a couple weeks back and I am here to tell you I loved it. Sure there were a very few things about it that kindof ticked me off, but it was mostly in hindsight. After the movie we went to dinner and then she came back here and we watched Hoodwinked. It was my second time seeing it and it was just as good. I had the song about being prepared stuck in my head for at least an hour. She came over again this past Friday and we watched Fantasia 2000 and Doogal, both of which were pretty good. Magical mustaches and a flamingo with a Yo-Yo, how can you get anything better. On a related topic, Vicky's planning on getting the afore mentioned flamingo painted onto her car and I can't wait to see it. Another thing I can't wait to see is her when she comes over again this coming Friday.

I finally finished reading the Witches by Roald Dahl. Vicky let me borrow it so I'm eager to get it back to her before I accidentaly destroy it somehow. It was a book I had read as a child and was nice to go through it again. Currently I'm reading Dean Koontz's novel Velocity. Like most of his books I can't seem to put it down. Basically, it's about a bartender named Billy who, after finishing a shift at the Tavern, finds a note under his windshield wipers. The note reads,

"if you don't take this note to the police and get them involved, I will kill a lovely blond schoolteacher somewhere in Napa County.
if you do take this note to the police, I will instead kill an elderly woman active in charity work.
you have six hours to decide.
the choice is yours."
And finally, I've got another pic of the strange robot supermodel chick that I'm trying to write a comic about. This is the first time I've ever successfully used photoshop to color something so horray again. I've included the bare lineart and after coloring to show what she'd look like within the comic itself, which I plan to make black and white, and what a cover might look like. Click the pic to see a bigger version.

No comments: