Monday, June 26, 2006

Fire Coming out of the Monkey's Head

so here I am, back in Fredericton and working my butt off. oh well, I'm sure that I'll have some fun during the next two months, like when Vicky comes up to see her brother.

I don't know how many of you have heard the Gorillaz song this post is named after, but you really have to. It's more of story then a song but it has some pretty cool visuals running through my noggin. I wanted to do some painting this summer, work out the many kinks I discovered during painting class. one of my paintings, assuming I actually go through with it and paint anything, will be from this song, it's just too crazy not to do something. This is my first "rough" of what it might look like. It's ok, especially for my first attempt EVER at really drawing a background from my imagination, but there's definetley room for improvement. I'll post version 2-however many there end up being as I finish them, most likely one a day during my daily drawing time. I'm thinking of doing something pretty big for this, most likely 20x24 or 30x30 so I'm not sure how I'll get the finished product scanned in, but I'll try my best. anywho, untill next time...

alt=""/>

"There were no screams. There was no time. The mountain called Monkey had spoken. There was only fire. And then, nothing." - Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head ,Demon Days, the Gorillaz

No comments: